NEXO PS8 R2-B
The highly acclaimed PS8 Loudspeaker System is NEXO's most compact edition of the PS Series; versatile, compact, full-range loudspeakers and advanced electronic processors with uncompromising performance, tailored for a wide range of touring and installed sound reinforcement applications.â€¨PS Series loudspeakers use a unique cabinet design and rotatable constant directivity asymmetrical dispersion horn to provide both PA and stage monitor performance without compromise. New Nexo designed Neodymium drivers mean the PS8 and LS400 are extremely light and usable with sensitive video and computer displays. Their 2-way passive 8Ω design uses just one amplifier channel to deliver bi-amped performance for less money, space and complexity. Like all NEXO systems, the PS8 incorporates advanced electronic processors to guarantee consistent performance and reliability of the highest standard.
Near-field portable or installed PA for clubs, A/V, Houses of Worship, Theater, Broadcast, etc.â€¨High quality stage monitoring for clubs, A/V, theater, broadcast, etc.â€¨Fill-in system in conjunction with larger NEXO systems
LOUDSPEAKER PRODUCT FEATURES
- Components LF 1 x 8" (20 cm) Shielded Neodymium 8Ω driver.
- HF 1 x 1" Shielded Neodymium throat driver + Low Distortion, Constant Directivity Asymmetrical Dispersion Horn.
- Connectors 2 x NL4MP SPEAKON 4 pole.
- Construction Baltic Birch Ply finished with textured black coating.
- Fittings Handles - Front finish: Moulded Dark Grey Metal Grill
- Flying Points & Fixed Installation Threaded inserts are fitted as standard to all cabinet surfaces for connection
- of mounting accessories.
- Stand fittings Built-in Stand Fitting, (35mm / 1 3/8").
SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS PS8 with PS8 TDController
- Frequency Response [a] 69 Hz - 19 kHz ±3dB.
- Usable Range @-6dB [a] 62 Hz – 20 kHz.
- Sensitivity 1W @ 1m [b] 96 dB SPL Nominal - 94 dB SPL Wideband.
- Nominal Peak SPL@1m [b] 122 to 125dB Peak.
- HF Dispersion [c] 50° to 100° Hor. x 55° Vertical. Rotatable Horn, 4 positions.
- Directivity Q : 10 Nominal. DI : 10 dB Nominal.
- ( f > 1.8 kHz )
- Crossover Frequencies 2.5 kHz Passive.
- Nominal Impedance 8Ω
- Recommended Amplifiers 200 to 500 W / 8Ω.
- Electronic Controller The PS8 TDController is precisely matched to the PS8 & LS400 cabinets and includes sophisticated
- protection systems. Using PS8 & LS400 without a properly connected PS8TD will result in poor sound
- quality and can damage the components. PS8 & LS400 can also be used with NXAMP4x1 and NXAMP4x4
- Powered TDControllers.
- Dispersion configuration After dismounting the front grille from its fixings, the HF Horn can be rotated in 4 positions for dispersion configuration.
- Sub-bass The PS8 can be used without optional LS400 Sub-bass. Active two-way operation with the LS400 is included
- in the PS8TD. One LS400 matches 2 x PS8, additional LS400 may be used for enhanced LF capability.
- Speaker Cables PS8 are wired 2- & 2+ on Speakon connectors, LS400 on 1- & 1+. Loop through Speakons are present on
- both. Single identical cables can thus be used to loop through combinations of up to 2 x PS8 & 1 x LS400
- in no particular order.